Last Updated on August 17, 2021 by Daniel Cuttridge
Racquetball is a very interesting game to play as it blends the incident contact and aggressiveness of a sport like a basketball with the finesse and skill of tennis. As a beginner in this sport, you don’t necessarily have to spend more than $100 on a racquetball racquet when you’re only playing at the local community center with friends. Also, being an intermediate player doesn’t mean you have to spend out of your pocket before you get a high-quality racquetball racquet.
As a matter of fact, top manufacturers like E-Force, HEAD, and Gearbox have produced a number of high-quality and affordable racquets under $100. If you’re looking for a good racquet that isn’t really professional quality, not sub-par quality, then you’ve come to the right place. All the racquets on our list are no less in comparison with some of the professional standards which are more expensive. In this guide, we’re going to be looking at the 7 best racquetball racquets under $100. That’s not all! We’re also going to provide a buyer’s guide to help you make the right buying decision.
Best Racquetball Racquet Under $100 – Comparison Chart
The table below is a comparison chart of the 7 best racquetball racquets under $100.
|Best Racquetball Racquet Under $100||Brand||Highlighted Feature||Weight||Head Size|
|Ares 175 Racquet||HEAD||Adaptive String Pattern||175g||106 sq. in|
|Liquid Metal Racquet||HEAD||MegaBlast Technology||190g||106 sq. in|
|12 EXO3 RG Toron Lite Racquet||Ektelon||Bumper system technology||160g||106 sq. in|
|Ektelon Lightning ESP Racquet||Ektelon||Extreme String Pattern||190g||106 sq. in|
|E-Force Chaos Racquet||E-Force||Bypass String System||186g||107sq. in|
|GB-75 Racquet||Gearbox||Teardrop and Quadra hybrid frame||175g||103sq.in|
|E-Force Bedlam 170||E-Force||Zero Richter tubes X2 technology||170g||107sq.in|
1. HEAD Ares 175 Racquetball Racquet
HEAD BV is a renowned and reliable manufacturer of sports equipment and apparel. This brand is actually one of the biggest in the sportswear and equipment industry with five divisions like Licensing, Winter Sports, Diving, Racquet Sports, and Sportswear. The Ares 175 is one of their innovative products with the Graphene Touch Extreme.
Its swing weight enables players to have more power for more aggressive games. It comes with ASP (Adaptive String Pattern), delta frame, Graphene XT, power channels, and power stabilizer. This unit was designed with 106 square inches or 684 square centimeters head size. As a beginner racquetball player, you’ll get more incredible power with the blend of enhanced maneuverability and more weight.
1. Adaptive String Pattern (ASP): You’ll enjoy more precision and softer feel when using this racquet, thanks to the built-in Adaptive String Pattern. Also, the ASP adds to the durability of the racquet.
2. Delta Frame: The manufacturer of this high-quality racquet used the delta frame. This Delta frame is a modern type of frame shape with a constant beam for more tremendous power and feel.
3. Graphene XT: With its extreme weight distribution, the HEAD Ares is 30% sturdy and robust.
4. Power Stabilizer: The head of this racquet is equipped with twin-tube construction for maximum stability and balance. You’ll also enjoy excellent power on off-center shots with the help of this power stabilizer.
5. Power Channels: The lower deeper of Ares 175 has a power channel for the prevention of about 33% of grommet holes
Like we said earlier, the Ares 175 comes with a head size of 106 square inches or 684 square centimeters with a swing and strung weight of just 157g and 198g respectively. This is lightweight enough for players to swing the racquet effortlessly and powerfully. The Ares is composed of either Graphite or Innegra with a Hydrosorb black grip with 3 5/8 or 3 7/8 sizing. Furthermore, it comes with four types of shared holes like 5H, 6H, 7H, or 9H.
1. Feels solid and balanced
2. Quite lightweight yet sturdy
3. Comes with the latest technology for enhanced performance
4. Offers additional power with its head-heavy balance
5. It is aesthetically fascinating
6. Comes with beautiful graphics
7. Exceptional grip size makes the racquet easy to use
8. High-quality materials used for construction
1. The strings can be improved
Features That Have In This 175 Racquetball Race.
2. HEAD Liquid Metal Racquetball Racquet
This is yet another premium quality product from HEAD. Like we said before, HEAD is a reliable and trusted sports gear and apparel brand. So you should always expect top quality from them any time any day. The Liquid Metal is another classy racquetball racquet from this renowned manufacturer.
This unit comes with a phenomenal frame which helps to retain enhanced performance for a long time of use. Liquid Metal is quite an unparalleled and excellent model designed and built to offer up to 29% extra power in every one of your shots. It was equipped with high-quality 16 by 16 strings for the best user experience.
One of its eye-catching features includes the integration of the California Institute of Technology for quick and efficient energy transfer with the enhancement of torsional stability. That’s not all. The (CALTECH) also helps increase the sweet spot on the head of the racquet.
1. Dynamic Frame Shape: This racquet comes with a Dynamic Frame Shape which helps to make the racquet more maneuverable and helps the player for the faster swing with additional power. Also, this frame shape helps for a larger sweet spot.
2. Liquid Metal: One of the rarest and newest uprising materials used for this racquet is Liquid Metal. As a player, you’ll be able to play faster and make powerful shots, thanks to its lightweight Liquid Metal material.
3. Megablast Technology: This Megablast tech was made in the United States of America for a rugged and robust frame.
4. V-Ports: This is one of the trendy and latest channels for the creation of longer strings for enhanced and additional power. It is a new channel that helps to increase stiffness, better power, and a better feeling.
With an unstrung weight of 190g and 106 Square inches head size, this model is one of the best out there. This racquet was equipped with a Hydrosorb grip and a solid frame which enables you to play for a long period
1. Powerful shots with no vibration
2. Highly durable frame construction
3. Comfortable handle and factory grip stabilized
4. Players of different levels can pick different weights available
5. Reliable brand
6. Affordable price for a top-quality product
1. Headcover not included
3. Ektelon EXO3 RG Toron Lite Racquetball Racquet
Ektelon is another reliable and trusted manufacturer of racquet equipment. The EXO3 RG Toron Lite racquetball racquet is one of their best models with incredible beneficial features for all racquet players. It’s lightweight, weighing only 160g, but yet strong and sturdy.
Ektelon designed and built this racquet’s head shape for optimum performance. With a maximum power level of 4300, this model is one of the best you’d see on the market priced below $100. EXO3 RG Toron Lite is quite multifunctional, available in three different grip sizes.
These three different grip sizes include super small round, super small, and a large size grip. The super small round grip resembles a conventional round handle and people who have small hands will find it suitable. The super small grip is just like the super small round grip in terms of sizing.
The only disparity between the two is that the super small grip has a flat handle where the super small round grip has a round handle. The large size grip is designed for people with big hands (especially the ones that wear XL glove size), and it comes with a large handle.
1. Energy Bridge Inserts: the top of this racquet is equipped with gold bridge inserts for an incredible user experience. This Energy Bridge is an exoskeleton structure that is made from thermoplastics. Players will enjoy reduced vibration by up to 63 percent, thanks to this technology. Also, the Energy Bridge enlarges the sweet spot by up to 51%. The best available on the market!
2. Energy Channel: You might think that the Energy Channel only enhances the beneficial features of Energy Bridge, but that’s not the case. The Energy Channel also helps to deliver increase spin, boost ball control, and extra stability.
3. Super Wide Body: EXO3 RG Toron Lite comes with a super-wide body for improved power, frame, stability, vibration, stiffness with torque resistance. The width measurement is 24mm.
4. Tungsten: This EXO3 RG Toron Lite racquetball racquet used tungsten metal which helps to reduce its overall weight, increase sweet spot size, power, and directional control of the ball.
5. Sweet Zones: Instead of the traditional pin-sized string hole that’s commonly used on other racquets, an o-ports string hole for this racquet. This new o-ports string hole increases the sweet zone and sweet spot.
6. WallBeater Bumper System: The bumper system technology was used in place of the traditional plastic bumper which accounts for the reduction of about 70% shock from frame break.
7. PowerScoop: This is a new and modern technology incorporated in this racquet for enhanced comfort and durability.
Weighing only 160g, you won’t have hand pain after playing for a long time. What more? The grip of the racquet was equipped with Ektelon vision ii. This high-quality racquet is 22 inches long with a modified teardrop frame shape. Coming with a maximum power level of 4300, the EXO3 RG Toron Lite racquetball racquet should be a top choice for everyone who plays the game.
1. Lightweight design
2. Evenly balanced control and power
3. Delivers larger sweet spot
4. Stiff graphene head
5. Available in three different grip sizes
6. Open string pattern generates more power
7. More control, thanks to its modified teardrop head shape
8. Increases the sweet zone and sweet spot
9. Tungsten metal helps to increase directional control of the ball
1. Not as durable as the ones made with aluminum or titanium material
4. Ektelon Lightning 195 ESP Racquetball Racquet With Deluxe Racquetball Starter Kit Set
Lightning 195 ESP Racquetball Racquet is another outstanding product from the same Ektelon. You can always rely on Ektelon for high-quality racquetball racquets and other sports equipment. This model was designed with a wide-body frame which helps to deliver more powerful shots.
With the help of its wide-body frame, you can easily reach the maximum ball as a racquetball player. The head of this racquet comes with a teardrop shape which is known for increasing the sweet spot. Thanks to its triple threat of technology which helps in reducing torque. Also, the stability of the frame will be enhanced even on off-center hits with the help of this triple threat technology.
Ektelon lightning 195 ESP racquetball racquet is priced below $50, but still, pack some beneficial features that you can’t see anywhere else on the market. Please take note that this racquet is only available in super small grip only.
You’ll get few extra things in this racquet package as it is a deluxe racquetball starter kit set. You’ll get three racquetballs and a racquet bag with a pair of sports crystal glasses. These sports glasses help you to see more clearing and protect your eyes from hits when playing.
1. Graphite Extreme: There’s high-grade carbon composite or graphite which helps to generate extra power and increase stiffness.
2. Extreme String Pattern: This racquet was equipped with the newest string pattern technology which helps to powerful shots every time. Also, this string pattern helps to improve the overall durability of this unit.
3. Triple Threat: We loved the fact that the racquet was specially designed and built with the triple braid material which helps to make the massive shot in all directions. Copper, carbon, and titanium are the triple braid material used for making this racquet. They account for the reduced shock and easy control of shots.
4. Long Body: When you first see the Ektelon Lightning 195 ESP Racquetball Racquet, you’ll notice that it comes with a long body. Its long body provides more stability, maneuverability, helps you to create 10% more power on every shot.
Weighing only 195g, it won’t weigh you down or mount pressure on your hands after playing for a long time. It measures 22 inches in length with a total surface of 106 square inches. Also, it has a premier power strung with a modified teardrop frame shape. This Ektelon Lightning 195 ESP Racquetball Racquet has a maximum power level of 2300 with a max stack grip.
1. A budget-friendly option for players on a tight budget
2. Comes with a one-year replacement warranty
3. Durable and sturdy design, built to last long
4. Its long body provides more stability, maneuverability
5. String pattern helps to improve the overall durability of this racquet
6. Graphite extreme material generates extra power and increases stiffness.
1. Not ideal for use by professional players
Technologies Used For This Ektelon Lightning 195 ESP Racquetball Racquet:
5. E-Force Chaos Racquetball Racquet
The E-Force might not be as popular as other top brands in the racquet equipment industry, but they’ve been consistent in delivering high-quality products at affordable prices. Just at half the price of the Bedlam model, you’ll get the new E-Force’s Chaos racquet. It is cost-effective and affordable to all racquet players on a tight budget. For just $50, you get a lot of high-end E-Force technologies.
1. Composite Build: We loved to see that this racquet features a composite build with graphite fibers in the frame, making it sturdier and stronger than an aluminum frame.
2. Bulky Weight: The only thing here is that the Chaos model isn’t lightweight. It was designed and built to be bulky, as it weighs about 205g unstrung.
3. 22 inches LongString: Another modern technology incorporated into this racquet is the 22 inches LongString. At a glance, you’ll notice the right main strings run up from the graphite handle and extend to the head of the racquet. These strings are free to deflect down the whole length and are 22 inches long, meaning that players will get more pop out of the strings.
4. Zero Richter Tubes: The handle was equipped with about 85 inches of zero Richter tubes. These Richter tubes are responsible for vibration minimization and the main strings encasement. Players will enjoy a good touch on this racquet because the dampening effect is specifically detailed.
5. Bypass String System: Also, you should know that there’s a bypass stringing system incorporated into this Chaos model. There are two holes between each main string and the next. This is actually a great construction as the ball can never touch two main strings at a time on impact. This enables more responsive action and delivers more power.
6. 10.5-inch Cross Strings: The 10.5-inch cross strings and other main strings deliver more power from the 2.53 sq. cm holes to the outer edges of the frame. This is just to let you know that the Chaos model comes with longer strings.
The E-Force Chaos is a better upgrade to the Gladiator with different paint jobs but the same specifications. As a beginner who’s on a tight budget, this model is a better option than competes with high-end racquets on the market.
1. Flexible and sturdy graphite composite frame
2. Comes with some high-end E-Force technologies
3. Designed and built for power
4. You’ll get more pop out of the strings
5. Quite affordable, not up to $50
6. Reliable brand
1. Might be too heavy for some racquet players
6. Gearbox GB-75 Racquetball Racquet
The next on our list is the GB-75 racquetball racquet from the popular Gearbox company. One can say this is the most efficient racquetball racquet in terms of performance. It weighs about 190g with a head size of 3 5/8 inches.
1. Gearbox 17 grams’ Monofilament: Gearbox 17 grams’ monofilament was used to string this racquet. This accounts for more durability and power output. You’ll get produce powerful shots with fewer efforts.
2. Quadra and Teardrop Hybrid Frame: GB-75 boasts of a teardrop and Quadra hybrid frame which helps to optimize the sweet spot to handle tough balls.
3. Eminent Vibration Control: There’s an eminent vibration control and shock dampening system which helps professionals win more shots during the game.
4. Highly Durable: This racquet is well-built to be sturdy and durable as it delivers a great deal of pop which every player would love to have.
5. Two-way Colors: GB-75 comes in white and blue colors and delivers an incredible feel when playing with it on the racquetball court. There’s nothing like slippery handles when using this racquet, it was designed to fit the hand pretty well. We loved that this racquet is well-built to handle stronger hits and remains light on your hand.
6. Lanyard Style Sliding Knot: This unit comes with a lanyard style sliding knot which offers serious racquetball players excellent grip.
7. Wrist Lacer Black: At no extra charge, you’ll get a follow-come wrist tether with the racquet. You’ll get this just at low prices.
8. Optimal Width Design: Lastly, we were surprised to find out that it comes with an optimal width design which helps to maximize the rotational force around the Y-axis of the racquet, offering more maneuverability and stability.
1. Highly durable
2. Comes with a damper system which helps to reduce vibration
3. The damper system helps to increase the string vibration feel
4. Quite stable when it’s in use on the court
5. Boasts of tremendous playability
6. Trusted brand
7. A cost-effective, quite affordable option
1. Amateur racquetball players may find it bulky
2. No racquet cover
7. E-Force Bedlam 170 Lite Racquetball Racquet
Last but not least on our list of the best racquetball racquet under $100 is the E-Force Bedlam 170 Lite racquet. Don’t be surprised that it is another product from E-Force. We listed it here because it is packed with some tremendously beneficial features for racquetball players at all levels.
This particular model is an upgrade to the older model of Bedlam, and it comes with high-end E-Force technologies. The Bedlam 170 Lite is a newer model with a new bold exterior that indicates the power-boosting techs on it.
1. First Generation Power Booster: Some tubes encases the two ends of each of the seven cross strings at the sweet spot. The frame is stabilized and the string vibration is reduced by these 14 tubes. When your shots are off-center, you’re assured that your string-bed is stable.
2. Zero Richter Tubes X2 Technology: This racquet comes with the zero Richter tubes X2 technology which encases the fourteen main strings on the racquet. For an accurate dampening of vibration, these flexible 9.5 inches Richter tubes extend down to the handle to ensure that you don’t lose control and have bad touches.
3. No Cross Strings: The throat area of this racquet doesn’t have any cross strings which helps to distribute power evenly since the cross strings that are responsible for deflection impairment are removed. You’ll experience a greater deflection while using the Bedlam model.
4. Lightweight Design: Weighing only 170g when unstrung, this is one of the lightweight options on the market at an affordable price. This is quite a very good option for advanced and intermediate players.
If you’re professional in search of a new racquet under $100 or a recreational player looking to improve your skills, the E-Force Bedlam 170 is your best bet.
1. Good dampening of vibrations
2. Comes in a medium weight of about 170 grams, making it a lightweight option
3. Boasts of a lot of power technologies
4. Comes with a small, comfortable grip for added power
5. Reliable brand
6. Fair price for top quality
1. The control can be improved
Best Racquetball Racquet Under $100 – Buyer’s Guide
Racquetball racquets are mostly expensive equipment, so getting a model priced at or below $100 isn’t easy. Also, there are thousands of options out there – each promising to deliver incredible performance. This makes the buying process a little bit complicated and time-consuming especially if you’re a beginner who doesn’t know what to buy! But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! We’ve composed a detailed buyer’s guide which includes the factors or things to look out for before making a buying decision. Make sure you consider each of the factors listed on our buyer’s guide to getting the best racquet that suits your needs.
The price of your preferred racquetball racquet is the first factor to consider before making a buying decision. Racquetball racquets vary in price and you can find some for less than $18 while some run up well over $180. The first thing to do is setting up your budget. If you’re a beginner in racquetball, you don’t necessarily have to break the bank before buying a racquet. All you need is a good racquet that suits your needs. Also, we recommend that you take a good look around to get yourself a good bargain out there in the sports marketplace. Nevertheless, all the racquets on our list are priced below $100, so if that’s still within your budget, then you should pick one of them.
Unlike it is in tennis where there is a huge variance in head size between different racquets, racquetball racquets have only subtle differences that may affect your game if not considered properly. Generally, the smaller the head size you have, the smaller the sweet spot when hitting the racquetball. So, it is advisable to go for racquets with larger head sizes for a much bigger sweet spot.
If you’ll be playing a match including several games, you don’t need a bulky racquet. Heavy racquets will mount pressure on your hands after playing with them for a long time, which leads to hand paid or wrist injury. That’s why we recommend that you buy a racquet with a lightweight design. Ensure that it is either light or intermediate. Also, make sure you’re not buying a lighter option that compromises its sturdiness.
The balance of your racquet is another important factor to consider before making a buying decision. Balancing most likely occurs in two ways. It is either it’s perfectly balanced, having no heavier or lighter part or head weighted, having more weight at the head part of the racquet. It all depends on your preference. Generally, perfectly balanced racquets are ideal for players whose game involves more ball placement and finesse than power. However, head weighted racquets will be best suited for pure power players.
The durability of the racquet should be taken into consideration when you thinking of buying a new one. You wouldn’t want to buy something that won’t last two games before breaking down. So, consider the durability of the racquet. Know the kind of material used for its frame and construction.
The selection you make while shopping for a new racquetball racquet will play a vital role in your performance when playing racquetball. We recommend that you choose one of the best racquetball racquets under $100 that’s most suitable for your needs. It is therefore advisable to consider some crucial factors listed in our buyer’s guide before you make a buying decision.
All the racquets on our list are some of the best available on the market, and they are packed with top-notch, beneficial features. We’ve reached the closing chapter of this product review. We hope you were able to find good and reliable resources in your quest to know the best racquetball racquet under $100. If you have any questions or comments about the article topic, don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks!